Thursday, January 14, 2010

Give, Even When You Can't

I was listening to NPR as I always do, and there was a reporter out of Haiti who nearly broke down on the air. Finally. It's so rare for a reporter to not be completely professional when broadcasting, and I have to say that I wish it would happen more. After all, how can a human being be witnessing the worst suffering of another human and not be compelled to tears? His near breakdown was so affecting that I "broke down" and donated money to Mercy Corps. Normally I'd say that I can't afford to give as much as I did, but considering the state of Haiti right now, how can anyone afford not to and still consider themselves compassionate? Besides, Partner never gives in these circumstances (and least, he's never told me if he does) so I figure I'm giving for two.

Still haven't heard back about the waitering job. This is one of those circumstances where I'm letting Fate take control. If it were meant to be, it will happen.


No comments: